Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review: A Reason to Stay by June Stevens

Title: A Reason to Stay (Oak Hollow#1)
Author: June Stevens
Publisher:  Classy Scribe Publications
Page Count: 116
Genre: Contemporary Romance



Book Blurb:

A Reason to Stay is a stand alone novella in the Oak Hollow Series. 

Ellie loves her hometown, job, and her best friend Jake. But Jake is a ladies man that will never settle down. Ellie can’t stand to see him with other women anymore, so she is packing up and leaving Oak Hollow and everything she loves to start over. A night of unexpected passion makes her start to think maybe things can work out between them, until she happens upon a secret Jake has been keeping for more than a year. Will their friendship be forever torn apart? Or will Ellie find A Reason to Stay? 




If you are looking for a quick romantic read, then A Reason to Say is for you. In this fast paced read, we meet Ellie and Jake. They are two best friends who secretly love each other but the other doesn't know. Since the characters have known each other for a while, we do not have to establish a relationship it's already there. 
One of the things I love about June Stevens' writing is that she isn't afraid to go outside the normal standard. She doesn't write her heroines to depict the outward stereotypes, she writes them as the everyday woman. I love knowing that there is a series out there that shows fuller figured women can find love.
The only thing I wish I could change is the length of the book. I want more Jake. 
Overall thoughts, I love, love love, Mrs. Stevens work. I can't wait for more Oak Hollow books. Recommended for readers 18+ due to some steamy Jake and Ellie scenes. 

Favorite quotes:
"We’ve never been on a date, so how can I ask you to marry me? But we’ve been together nearly every waking moment, and a lot of sleeping ones, since we were 14. We’ve even lived together. How can the lack of official dating stand in comparison to that? I want to spend the rest of my life with you"

"I love you, but I don’t want to hold you back"  

My Rating:

5 out of 5 eReaders!!

Purchase The Book:

Amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment