Thursday, April 10, 2014

Review: Worth The Battle by Laramie Briscoe

Title: 18750505Worth The Battle (Heaven Hills #4)

Author: Laramie Briscoe

Publisher: Laramie Briscoe

Page Count: 228

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

 

 

Blurb:

Movie star running from her life.
Secret writer of erotic romance.
Trusts only Layne O’Connor of the Heaven Hill MC.

When Jessica Shea fears that her privacy is in danger, she takes the drastic step to leave her life behind and escape to the only person who’s never treated her like the movie star she is. He’s the one person who’s never sold a story to the tabloids and who knows the real Jessica, the one underneath the makeup and high-gloss shine of Hollywood.

Their friendship has stood the test of time. Now, someone has stolen private photos and writings from her home. Things that she doesn’t want the public at large to see. There’s only one place she knows she can go to be under the radar and lick her wounds.

That place is wherever Layne O’Connor is.

War Veteran.
Striving to live a normal life.
Member of the Heaven Hill MC.

Layne left a piece of himself in the war zone. Fighting PTSD and demons that he can’t explain has left him tired and changed from the man he was before he went overseas.

The only thing he feels like he excels at anymore is being a criminal, and he gladly does it for his brothers of the Heaven Hill MC. The only people who took him in when no one else knew what to make of his anger and

When Jessica arrives, however, she’s a trigger for everything he’s trying to forget. She makes him remember who he was before his life went to hell, she makes him want to get himself back. While working through those issues, he and Jessica are racing against an unknown enemy—someone who wants to destroy her reputation and take her sweetheart persona with it.

As they both work to trust each other and figure out just who her enemies are,they learn that love is never easy. They have to decide if the victory is worth the battle.


 

My Review:

Worth The Battle is book 4 in the Heaven Hills series. This one involves Jessica Shea and Layne O'Connor. I want to say I love the series and have been a fan since book one. But this book was not one of my favorites. There are a few reasons.
The first is that Jessica is a well known movie star and she is suppose to drop everything to be a part of the MC. Is she not that recognisable or do people not care? If I saw a celebrity in my town I would freak out. That's just me.
Second, the issue with Layne's PTSD. I think this could have been better addressed. It is so common to say that someone in the military has PTSD, but if you use the storyline you should embrace it. I felt that the author tiptoed on this one.  The author has this medium that could have been used for educating others about it. I wish that she would have dove more into that storyline.
Does all this mean I hated the book? No. I am still a fan of the series. I just didn't love this one. I liked it. I enjoyed the fact that we got more Meredith and Tyler time. I hope that they get a novella in the future.
Mrs. Briscoe is an excellent writer and her books are entertaining. I love the fact that occasionally she'll bring some humor to the MC world. It doesn't need to be all dark.
I recommend this book but I suggest reading them in order. This is a 18 and over read.

 

Purchase Links:


Amazon | Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment