Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Review: Locke by Harper Sloan

Title: Locke (Corps Security #6)
Author: Harper Sloan
Publisher: Harper Sloan
Publish Date: September 29, 2014
Page Count: 271
Genre: Romance/Romantic Erotica


Synopsis:

Darkness is the only thing I see. Ever since the day my life changed. The day that everything and everyone I held close to me ceased to exist. The day I lost it all and the demons of my past consumed my every waking moment.

I tried to keep others at arm’s length. Tried not to let my darkness taint them. Ruin them. Harm them. And whether I want to admit it or not, as much as I wish I could keep them locked out, they refuse to leave. Refuse to let me suffer alone.

If I hadn’t been so focused on keeping those demons from flying free, I wouldn’t have missed how one perfect angel was able to sneak her way under my skin—refusing to let go. Making me want things I don’t deserve.

She consumes me. Her beauty knows no end. The love she promises tempts me every time she’s near. But that pure heart that makes her MY Emmy is the one thing I’m convinced I’ll destroy if I ever let her close.

I’m a broken man. A broken man with too much darkness in his soul to ever let her light shine upon me. But even that doesn’t stop me from craving her with every single breath in my body.


I have loved all of Harper Sloan’s books from the beginning. The one that was most anticipated was Locke. He is the dark and mysterious character from the group. The one that you want to know more about, even though finding out more may frighten you or arouse you. Sloan did not disappoint in this book. I feel that it was appropriate that he be last. He had the biggest story to tell.
Locke’s character is complex and gritty. He is not one for sharing his feelings but is willing to advise you if needed. What I like about him is that he is loyal and sacrificing. When he loves you, he loves you with everything. When he hates you, you’ll know it. All of this is shown in his book.
Emmy is someone who has had a hard life. You would never know it because of her personality. She tries to not let her past affect who she is now. This is a lesson that she tries to instill in Locke.
When Emmy and Locke come together, it is explosive. The chemistry between them can be seen. Emmy fights for Locke with all her might. Their love story is beautiful.
Sloan doesn’t hold back with her characters. You either love them or hate them. It is easier to just love them. Her writing of Locke’s book reminds me of JR Ward’s Lover Awakened. In that book Zsadist is an emotionally scarred man whose heart is awakened by the woman that he loves. This is similar to Locke’s story. Sloan writes his character as one’s who heart is not complete until Emmy shows up.
Sloan also leads you into the start of her new series. It is one that I am excited to read.
I absolutely love Sloan’s books. I recommend this series to anyone looking for an Alpha Male fix. Be warned, due to extremely sexy scenes only readers 18+ should read it. 



5 out of 5 Stars!!!



Books in the Series






No comments:

Post a Comment