Thursday, August 13, 2015

Arc review- Bound In Darkness by Jacquelyn Frank


Title: Bound In Darkness
Series: Immortal Brothers #4
Author: Jacquelyn Frank
Publisher:Ballantine Books
Published Date: November 27, 2015
Genre: Paranormal Romance 
Page Count: 384


**I received a copy of this book, from the publisher, in exchange for a honest review.**


After drinking from the fountain of immortality along with his brothers, Maxum is condemned by the gods to be entombed in the earth. Even though he has now been granted a reprieve by day, each night he is buried anew, his rock-hard body immobilized, his bones crushed by the pressure. When he emerges, his body heals, but his spirit remains scarred. There is only one way for Maxum to be completely free: He must kill the god who cursed him.

The task will require tremendous power, so Maxum embarks on a quest to gather talismans to equip him for the battle. Then an earthy wench seduces him and steals one of his magical amulets, but he catches her. Finding herself between a rock and a hard place, she strikes a bargain. The beautiful and alluring Airianne is a skilled thief—and she can help him in his acquisition of the talismans. Will this stealthy seductress also try to steal his heart—or will their boldness end up getting them both buried?


It should be noted that I have not read any of the previous books in this series. My view is based solely on this book alone. That being said, I didn't find that having not read the previous books hindered me. Frank did a wonderful job in writing a story that  allowed the reader to come into the series at any point and not be lost. 
Maxum and Arianne's story is full of adventure. They both go into this "partnership" not seeking any form of relationship but in the end that is what they get. At first I wasn't a big fan of the pairing. They didn't really intrigue my that much. As the story progressed, I found myself enjoying their story.  They really are perfect for each other and they make quite a pair. 
I am a fan of Jacquelyn Frank's work I loved her Nightwalkers series, so it was inevitable that I would read more of her books. This author has quite an imagination and it shows in her writing. She is able to create a world with fascinating characters that keep the reader entertained.  



4 out of 5 Stars









No comments:

Post a Comment