Sunday, February 8, 2015

~~Review~~ Hunted by Suzanne Steele


Title: Hunted (Dauntless MC #1)
Author: Suzanne Steele
Publisher: Self Published
Published Date: February 5, 2014 
Genre: Erotica/Suspense
Page Count: 216



Talon: She walked into my world when I least expected it and like a sucker punch to my gut she knocked the wind from me. The last thing I need is some do-gooder feeling sorry for me and taking my case. I made the mistake of thinking she was here because she had a good heart-- what I didn't know... is the woman has heart...period.

She's going to need it because now the president of Dauntless MC is insisting she not only take over my case--but every legal case any one of the brothers have--now and in the future. He's not the kind of guy you say no to.

Grace: I walked into that jail to help a man I believed needed it. Whether I made a mistake that day or not is yet to be seen. One thing is for sure...I have been immersed into a world I know nothing about... against my will.

Whether I like it or not, I need this arrogant man who goes against everything I believe as a strong professional woman. I'm nobody's old lady, I'm nobody's fool, and I'm for sure nobody's property. What I am is...legal representation for the Dauntless MC chapter. My name is Grace. Welcome to my world.


I've read a lot of MC books. Some dark and gritty, some light and fun. This book is dark, gritty, and confusing. You think that you are reading a story about Talon and Grace, but really you have so many storylines going on at once. When it starts out you think it's just about a wrongly accused biker falling for the lawyer. Then you have a club girl after Talon's affections. Then the suspense would be catching the dirty cop. This cop named Derrick is the one who is after the club. He wants them to pay him to keep his mouth shut. We all know that they are not going to stand by and be told what to do by a dirty cop. This storyline becomes interesting because in the mix of this, Grace and Talon develop feelings. Talon is a dominating man, but you like him because he cares for Grace even if he is a little controlling.   
All of a sudden in drops this escaped convicted serial killer after Grace. There really was no back story, it is just there. This one entangles the MC and Derrick. This is where their forces combine and a solution is formed. Thus ending the feud between Derrick and the MC. Thanks bad guy. 
 Then you have the unrequited affections of Grace's coworker. Evidently fate has it out for this MC. Not only is the coworker after Grace, but he will use any means necessary to get her. That comes in the form of a hit man. 
By the end of the book, you have the club president's old lady being stalked. All this is going on and as a reader you are expected to follow it. These storylines would have been better if they were broken up into different books. As a reader I found myself getting dizzy from all the jumping. 
I'm not trying to bash on the author. I think that she has great concepts for different books. Its just that she may have been a little over zealous with this one. If it was toned down, she would have had a fantastic book. 



3 out of 5 Stars!





No comments:

Post a Comment