Thursday, February 4, 2016

~*~ New Release and Review ~*~ Right To My Wrong by Lani Lynn Vale

Title: Right to My Wrong
Series: The Heroes of the Dixie Wardens MC #8
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Adult, Motorcycle Club Romance
Release Date: February 3, 2016
Photographer: Furious Fotog 
Cover Model: Chase Ketron 
Nightmares.
Sterling and Ruthie have more things in common than they realize, even though from the outside it doesn’t seem like they do.
Blood.
Sterling is a decorated war hero.
Ruthie is an ex-con.
Their two worlds should’ve never collided, but fate has a way of turning life in the direction least expected. Now Ruthie has to try to come to terms with the fact that she’s in love with a biker who’s also a decorated Navy SEAL. One who leaves for months at a time with little to no advance warning, taking her heart with him each time he goes.
Pain.
Sterling has a lot of things to overcome in order to have Ruthie, the biggest being her mind.
She doesn’t think she’s good enough.
He thinks she’s perfect.
Now it’s up to him to show her just how right he can be.



Right to My Wrong is Sterling and Ruthie's book. These are two people who have torturous pasts who never thought they would find love. Ruthie came from a broken home and ended up in an abusive relationship. That relationship ended with her killing him and then spending 9 years in prison. Her life has become a journey to just live her life. She doesn't seek out love but it lands on her lap. Sterling understands Ruthie. They both grew up in broken homes and are trying to just live. Sterling wants Ruthie but he's not great at expressing his feelings. Sterling is a typical military guy in that respect. But neither is Ruthie. Eventually circumstances push these two together. They work well together when it comes to sex but are not really great with relationships. Sterling is so used to keeping things to himself and Ruthie is used to protecting herself, they kind of bumble the relationship aspect of things. We can't expect them to get it right just out of the gate. These are two people used to fighting against others and not really with them. I think that is why it takes some time for things to smooth out.

I had high hopes for Ruthie and Sterling. From their first meeting in Silas' book, I have wanted these two to get together. It just didn't work for me. The sex scenes were steamy but the connection these two have seemed to be all over the place. The characters themselves didn't seem to know if they were together or not. Vale writes Sterling's character as this alpha-ish kind of guy but his demeanor rubbed me the wrong way. I wasn't a fan of how he was towards Ruthie. He plays it off like he doesn't want a relationship but the moment she is being aggravated by a neighbor, he jumps in to try and save the day. His back and forth with her was not appealing at all.

I love Vale's books and always will. I was just not a fan of this one. As a reader I have learned that not everyone is going to like the same books. As a devoted fan it hurts when I say that I do not like a particular book by a favorite author. This happens. I look forward to future works from this author. I know they will be fantastic.

My Rating:
3.5 Stars out of 5 Stars. 


I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment