Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review: Climbing Out by Lila Rose

18717645

Title: Climbing Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club #2)

Author: Lila Rose

Publisher: Lila Rose

Page Count: 197

Genre: Romance/Erotica

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

 

Blurb:

Deanna Drake has a past she longs to forget, but won't ever be able to. She's always been the tough one. No one, but her best friend Zara has ever been able to penetrate her cold, hard, shell.

Until Griz

Griz— a.k.a Grady Daniels, Hawks Motorcycle Club second in command, also has a past that he wishes he could undo...all except one part. 

It's her past that brings them together. Only will it be forever?

 

My Review:

What I loved about Climbing Out:
Deanna's vulnerability is shown in this book. In Holding Out, she was shown as this tough take no gruff woman. Now we see that she is just human.
We learn more about Griz and his life outside of the MC.
The author doesn't have Deanna and Griz professing their love for one another early in the book. I appreciate that. Most authors rush to have the characters fall in love rather than get to know each other.
Julian has to be the best character. I love him. He is always hitting on the bikers just for the help of it. He reminds me of Sway from Harper Sloan's Corps series.

What I didn't love:
I felt it was another book where it reached a certain point and then the story is rushed through. There is mention of Jason briefly throughout and then bam. He is seen then gone as quickly as he came. I had hoped for more to that part of the story.

Overall I have to say I still loved the book. I have looked forward to Griz and Deanna's story since the beginning. I look forward to the next book from the author. A definite recommend read. Should only be read by adults 18+ due to HOT and STEAMY sex scenes. ;)

 

Purchase Links


Amazon | Amazon UK  | Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment