Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review: Romancing Lorelei by June Stevens

21393831

Title: Romancing Lorelei (Oak Hallow #2)

Author: June Stevens

Publisher: Classy Scribe Publications

Page Count: 96

Genre: Romance/Contemporary

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book from the author in exchange  for an honest review.

 

Blurb:

She doesn't believe in love...He fell in love at first sight. 

The moment he laid eyes on her, Kaden McAllister knew there was something special about Lorelei. After spending one incredible night with her, he knew he wanted her in his life. But the next morning she was gone, without even giving him her last name. When he finally finds her can he convince her there can be much more between them than sex? 

Lorelei Graham isn't interested in falling in love with anyone, ever. Yet, she can't deny that something deeper lurks beneath the intense sexual attraction that sizzles between her and Kaden, She agrees to get to know him, but can she put her past behind her and open herself up to the possibilities of love?

 

My Review

When I started reading Romancing Lorelei, I was worried that it would be one of those romances. You know, the ones where they fall in love immediately, but I was pleasantly surprised. You get to watch Lorelei and Kaden fall in love over time.

I loved that the author took the time to develop the characters, even though it is a novella. You are able to really get to know them and you don't get that rushed feeling.

This is the second book in the series but it is a standalone. I like the fact that I can read this one and not feel as if I have to read the first book too.

Kaden is a great character and such a gentleman. At many times his character could have went a different way. He stuck to his gentlemanly charms and that's why we love him. =)

Favorite Quote:

" I can live without you. But I don't want to. If the day comes where there is no other choice than to go on each day without you it, then I will do it. But until that day comes, I will fight with every fiber of my being to keep you by my side."


I did wish that there was more from Kaden's mom, Tildy. She seems like she would be a great character. I wish she had more story time.

Overall the story was great. It is a fast read but one that is worth the time. It was full of romance and will leave you swooning. I recommend this read to any romance lover. =)

 

Purchase Links


Amazon | B&N | iBooks | All Romance eBooks | Smashwords | Manic Readers



Author Links:


Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads



 

No comments:

Post a Comment