Monday, May 26, 2014

Review: Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando

21807998


Title: Dragon's Lair (Wind Dragons MC #1)

Author: Chantal Fernando

Publisher: Chantal Fernando

Page Count: 255

Genre: New Adult, Romance

My Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars





Blurb:


When I found my boyfriend cheating on me, I did something stupid.

Or should I say, someone?

Because of that mistake, I’m now stuck in a world I don’t belong in.

I’m a law student. They’re criminals.
He’s the Vice President of a MC. I’m a good girl with a strict upbringing. 

He’s my ex-boyfriend’s brother.
And I’m screwed.



My Review:


Dragon's Lair contains romance that will leave you panting. The connection between Dex and Faye is immediate. They try to fight it but love can not be denied.
Action is in place too. With an MC book it is almost expected. There is some violence but nothing graphic or gritty.
I loved the humor in the story too. It helps to lighten the mood. The author does well to break up the tension in the storyline with humor. Faye's demeanor with the other bikers is hilarious. Especially when she cleans their rooms. The fact that she watches Sons of Anarchy to get tips is funny. I would too, if I was seeing a biker.


My only thing  that I didn't like was that I wished the book was longer. At some points it felt rushed through. I wanted to get to know certain characters more, and I feel I didn't get a chance to.

Overall the book was an enjoyable read. I was able to sit down it get through it in a few hours. I look forward to her next book in the series. I'm sure it will be awesome. I definitely recommend this read for ages 18+.



Purchase Links:


Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo





No comments:

Post a Comment