Wednesday, July 8, 2015

~Review~ My Broken Angel by H. D'Agostino


BA ecover

Title: My Broken Angel
Series: The Broken Series
Author: H. D'Agostino
Release Date: July 3, 2015
Genre: Contemporary/Romance
Page Count: 382

**I received a copy of this book, from the author, in exchange for a honest review.**


Best friend and protector…

Weston McKay has always worn the title proudly. He’s stood by Cole and Angela Walker since they were kids. He’s always been there to help pick up the pieces, always been a shoulder to lean on, and someone who understood.

At the tender age of nine, Angela knew that her friendship with Wes was destined to be more, but he was her brother’s best friend and five years her senior.

Time passes, unrequited feelings grow, and one day, five years doesn’t seem like that big of a deal anymore. Wes is everything she's ever wanted and then some.

What happens when Wes finally sees Angela as the woman she’s become? Will their past make them stronger? How will Cole feel when he realizes his best friend wants his sister?  Can friendships endure? Can love survive what waits ahead?

Can the future survive the past? Secrets are revealed and friendships are tested in My Broken Angel- book 3 in The Broken Series.





I love reading D'Agostino's Broken series. Great characters that persevere through the bad things that life hands them. Each book is always a great love story. I couldn't wait to read this book. I wanted Angela and Wes to have a story since their first interaction in the series. These two seemed destined for each other since childhood. I was a little disappointed once I got the book. I'm all for flashbacks that help establish the story but I don't understand why the first 13 chapters were devoted to this. I get it, we need to know how Angela and Wes' relationship evolved into what it is today. It was just aggravating because I was 46% into the book before we hit present day. 

Once I got past that hump, we really get into their story. Wes is an honorable man. He wants to be with Angela but he wants to make sure he doesn't lose his friendship with Cole. Angela wants Wes and doesn't want Cole's hangups to get in the way. Wes has other issues. His previous relationship with Victoria really did a number on him. He constantly thinks that he isn't good enough for Angela. She proves that she is really to fight for both of them. With Angela's past, I would have thought that she would have the hangouts. Not the other way around. Her biggest issue seems to be Wes and his insistence to hold her at arms length at times. 

I may love the authors writing, this was not a favorite book of mine. I wish that Angela had addressed the baby with Alex. I wish that the author had addressed Richard's death more. That was the big cliffhanger in the previous book. Why not talk more about it? 

Once I finished the book, I was left stuck between loving it and hating it. I love that the author gave the characters their HE A but I can't forget the other issues that aggravated me. I'll definitely read other books from the author.



3 out of 5 Stars

AmazonB&N | Kobo | iBooks






No comments:

Post a Comment